Your Shopify store is a valuable asset that can not only help to prevent you from customer and product losses but also become a real treasure for getting useful insights for your business growth.
In this article, we will tell how to benefit to the maximum from your eCommerce data export with the 5 best apps available on the official marketplace of the world’s biggest sales platform.
What are the Benefits of Exporting Shopify Data
In fact, there are numerous reasons why you should export your Shopify data from time to time. The first one is pretty obvious. It’s simply the backup of critical eCommerce information. With regular Shopify data exports, you will not lose any details of your inventories, customers, and orders if something goes wrong with your sales account. If you are in eCommerce for some time, you can imagine how much money, effort, and time it may take to restore useful information.
The second reason is tracking your efficacy and measuring key KPIs. Notwithstanding, which aims you have, be it product portfolio, cost, and inventory optimization, or improving customer services or marketing strategy, with the data extracted from your sales platform, you can analyze your productivity by the required parameters, not in a standardized manner.
And, finally, the third reason is planning for the future of your business and forecasting. By accumulating your Shopify data, with time, you will be able to predict sales and customer behavior, as well as model various operations, marketing, and other scenarios. If all these sound persuasive to you, let’s see in more detail how you can export data from your Shopify eCommerce website.
Moreover, the data contained in the Shopify CSV export file can be easily added to a Google sheet, if necessary. For this, you may simply copy and paste the columns from one document to another. However, if your business accumulated hundreds of pages of data or you are looking to further use your eCommerce information for data modeling, reporting, forecasting, and gathering insights, it is, probably, not the best solution. For professional usage, you will need a more advanced Shopify Export tool.
In fact, Shopify App Store offers a huge number of unique data export applications. They have different functions and features, different pricing plans, and their own strengths and weaknesses. It is very easy to get lost in such a quantity. That’s why our team working with the integration software every day has selected the 5 best applications for you, and below you will find a description of each.
In addition to the standard categories, which are orders, customers, and products, Data Export IO covers other important categories, such as Sales, Taxes, Inventory, POS, Payouts, Refunds, and more. Customers value the provider for professional expert assistance, however, it is available only for paid plans.
The app has a free plan that includes access to all Shopify data, pre-built reports, data filtering, grouping, and sorting options, but is limited to less than 1000 orders. To have all the features and live chat support, the businesses have to pay to start from $7/month. However, the final cost will depend on your Shopify store plan, which may not be the best deal for those stores that don't need all the extra features but need to pay more just because of their Shopify store plan.
- 100+ report templates in all possible categories.
- Advanced filtering options.
- Freezing, filtering, renaming, sorting, cloning, and hiding field features for data columns.
- Possibility to export your eCommerce data to CSV, Excel, and PDF files.
- Additional security and limited access with a password.
- Integrates with Google Sheets, Google Drive, Email, FTP, and SFTP.
- Possibility to preview your data choice.
- Summarization by week, etc.
- Possibility to add custom fields.
- Built-in report scheduler.
- Option to send reports via email.
Who is this app best for
- For businesses that want to protect their store data and therefore limit access to it by non-authorized users as the app provides an additional layer of data protection with a password.
- For newbies who need expert assistance as the customer support team offers to prepare the first report at no cost.
- For professional users that are going to generate custom reports regularly.
- For users with no experience or those who want to save time with more than 80 pre-built templates, including sales by order, product, or customer tags, segment by country, draft orders, product type, UTM source, referring site, gift card, discount code, profit margin, inventory history & snapshots, sell through reports, inventory flow, taxes, VAT reports, unique tax reports for the resident of the USA, Germany, and UK, tax refunds, order fulfillment, reports by delivery date, and many other.
With Exportier — Data Export, you can download your data in CSV(.csv) and Excel(.xlsx) files which is convenient to use either for manual analyses or processing with the business intelligence software. For those who need standardized reports, there are also more than 20 pre-built templates.
The app has a free plan that allows for generating unlimited reports and using the monthly scheduler. However, the export will be limited to 50 rows. You will also have the possibility to store up to 3 files in Exportier.
The professional plan will cost $8.99/month and allow exporting up to 500 rows per export and storing up to 10 files inside the app. And the unlimited plan is just only $24.99/month which is quite affordable for big companies that need to process big amounts of data and need really unlimited exporting possibilities and automatic daily updates. Additionally, it offers to store up to 500 export files within the app.
- Quick export to CSV/EXCEL with no impact on your online store functioning.
- Possibility to export all Shopify data from all fields.
- Filters for advanced data preselection.
- Possibility to add custom columns with custom calculations. This allows you to add math formulas to calculate anything you need for further data use when the parameter is not provided for in Shopify itself.
- Pre-built reports for quick management.
- Possibility to schedule the daily/weekly/monthly automatic data update.
- Flexible storing options. You can keep your data exported inside Exportier or fetch it to Google Drive or FTP server.
- Email notifications about the readiness of your reports.
Who is this app best for
- For smart businesses that need all advanced data export features like filters, automatic export scheduler, and email notifications, and want to take complete control over their eCommerce reports but do not want to pay extra money.
- For advanced users who need to calculate specific custom fields.
- For people with little experience or those who are going to generate typical Shopify reports regularly and want to save time with more than 20 pre-built Shopify report templates.
- For users that need custom reports but can use them regularly as the app allows building your own templates, including unique fields and without limitations.
With Xporter Data Export & Reports, you can send information directly to other platforms, vendors, warehouses, and staff using email or SFTP. Otherwise, you can keep your export files in the app. The developer team support is always available.
The cheapest plan costs $7/month and includes large reports with all of Shopify's hidden fields. However, it’s possible to try the solution for 7 days for free. The most expensive plan is $45/month, and it allows using custom liquid fields and filters as well as exporting via FTP/SFTP up to every 15 minutes.
- Intuitive interface allowing even beginners to build pro layouts.
- A set of pre-built reports that may be customized by the users.
- Export to Excel, CSV, Text, and XML files.
- Scheduling by email and SFTP.
- Exports all data, including meta fields, line item properties, and more.
- The Liquid feature allows for simple or complex custom calculations and filters.
Who is this app best for
- The app is a perfect solution for stores that use contractors for data analysis or forecasting or need to share the reports across teams or with third parties as the app allows sending export files not only to other users but also to other systems, etc.
- For stores that keep big data amounts and are looking for advanced scheduling options.
- For those who need to build custom-calculated fields for further data processing.
The other advantage of this product is its ability to fetch the data directly to Google Sheets, FTP servers, Google Drive, and Dropbox, and download it in Excel files as well as other data formats. Matrixify extracts required fields from such categories as Products, Collections, Customers, Companies, Discounts, Draft Orders, Orders, Payouts, Pages, Blogs, Redirects, Activity, Files, and Metafields.
The app has a variety of plans. The enterprise one includes unlimited data and costs 200$ per month, which is quite expensive. Basic and big plans are also available. The monthly subscription is 20$ and 50$, respectively, and the difference is in the number of items in Products, Collections, Customers, Discounts, Orders, Payouts, Pages, Blogs, and Redirects.
There is a free demo version that includes only 10 items per category which is enough only to test the basic functionality.
- Importing and Exporting data in Excel, Google Sheets, or CSV file formats.
- Migrating from Magento, WordPress/WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Lightspeed, and others.
- Possibility to back up and restore your Shopify data.
- Scheduler and automated report updates.
- Advanced data control and management functions, the possibility to view job history.
Who is this app best for
- For owners of big stores that need to backup big data amounts.
- For businesses that want to use their eCommerce data for further processing and need flexible importing options.
- For multiplatform project owners who need to migrate data to Shopify from other CMS systems such as WordPress, BigCommerce, etc
The app also permits the creation of multiple export profiles/templates. Moreover, each profile can be set up independently in terms of schedule for automatic exporting and final destinations. One can send the reports to an email address, an FTP server, a Google Drive folder, and more.
EZ Exporter — Data Exports has no free plan, only a 7-day trial. Its cheapest subscription costs $29.95/month and includes 10 templates/schedules, schedule export every 15 minutes, custom & calculated fields, meta fields export, and the possibility to fetch data to Email, FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Professional Plan ($49.95/month) gives 25 templates/scheduled tasks, Google Sheets, and Amazon S3 integration, as well as grouping & aggregation possibilities and 60-day export history.
The premium plan, which provides all the app’s features, as well as 50 templates/scheduled tasks, Airtable integration, and the possibility to track history back to 90 days, costs $99.95/month.
- An option to create export templates that can be customized separately.
- Scheduler for automated exports.
- Direct export from the Shopify admin space.
- Flexible import options that include email, FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, Google Sheets, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3 (AWS), and Airtable.
- Possibility to use Calculated Fields to manage the data before processing.
- Advanced filtering possibilities to narrow the data selection.
- Data grouping and aggregation.
Who is this app best for
- For those who value their time and may need basic data on particular orders as the app allows its users to export selected orders directly from the Shopify admin section. You should just go to the Orders page and select the orders you want to add to a CVS file.
- For users that need a non-standard data importing option, as the app makes it possible to fetch the reports directly to Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Amazon S3 (AWS), FTP/SFTP, Airtable, etc.
Whether for backup purposes or for more advanced marketing use, data export is crucial for any Shopify store owner. However, the platform’s built-in features are limited in many ways, that’s why a third-party application is often a more convenient and time-saving solution.
In this article, we described the 5 best plugins that one can find on Shopify’s official marketplace. And you are to choose according to your particular business needs and budget.