If you are using ServiceNow products, you have already had the chance to make sure that its several modules can address all kinds of organizational needs the business may face. But you can get even more benefits.
This article will introduce you to the ServiceNow Store and explain how it can help you discover the ideal ServiceNow application to increase your company's productivity and enhance service delivery even further.
Furthermore, we'll walk you through the entire process of how to try, buy, and install the app from the ServiceNow Store.
What is the ServiceNow Store
As a result, they facilitate work environment automation and make it possible to detect critical issues on the go. These capabilities may be extended to infinity with the possible ServiceNow integrations.
In other words, ServiceNow solutions provide you with the basic features necessary to manage your operational and other routine tasks. However, by connecting it to other special-purpose tools you can satisfy any specific need that may occur in course of conducting your business.
Fortunately, you do not need to think about implementing product integrations. Dozens of connectors with proven efficacy that were hand-picked and tested for security, integration interoperability, and productivity by technical experts are available in the official ServiceNow App Store.
So what is the ServiceNow Application store? Basically, it is a part of the company’s infrastructure, a marketplace where you can find certified apps and integration solutions for business continuity, capacity planning, communications, content planning, disaster recovery, enterprise mobility management, event management, monitoring, orchestration, security, and many other use cases.
ServiceNow store apps were developed on the Now Platform®, which includes IT, business units (e.g., HR, customer service), and shared services that digitize, connect, and automate processes across your enterprise. All of them comply with the platform’s core technology. Both free and paid solutions are offered. There are two types of apps - developed by ServiceNow and ServiceNow Partners.
It is easy to find apps and integrations that suit your particular needs thanks to detailed categorization and filtering options. Instead of looking for dozens of pages with products, you can pre-select the type of tool you are looking for, price options, release, and purpose.
What is most important, all the ServiceNow apps are as error-proof as the key company’s solutions themselves. They have undergone thorough tests for compatibility, security, and performance and received the respective approval of ServiceNow experts.
Application code, architecture, installation patterns, and even prior releases are paid the highest attention to and are reviewed more rigorously during the certification process to ensure seamless integrations and smooth work of all the tools.
For more information, see the official ServiceNow leaflet here.
ServiceNow Store Apps Benefits
2. Quick time to value. You do not need to spend months researching the possibilities of product integrations, developing the solution, and, finally, implementing it. For all the tools available at the app store ServiceNow guarantees productivity, safety, and support of the platform core technologies. Thus, the amount of time it takes you to get value from your product or service is minimal.
3. Proven compatibility. All the plugins and tools were tested thoroughly before they were placed in the ServiceNow Store, which means you should not worry that they will not support the technology or will run with interruptions and errors. What is more, before selecting the necessary app on the marketplace, you can verify its compatibility with the platform’s current and previous releases.
4. Reduced time to testing. As already mentioned, all custom applications in the ServiceNow store have been tested and certified accordingly. So, you need only to verify whether the integration satisfies your needs as desired.
5. Unlimited possibilities. Due to a vast Technology Partner Ecosystem, there are innovative apps for every purpose and department. By deploying all useful products on the platform, you can significantly increase the ROI and extend the value of your investments.
6. Training. If you opt to use the certified ServiceNow apps, you can also rely on the support of the developers. In addition, from time to time, technical partners offer events that provide education on Store app listings. You can find upcoming pieces of training that suit your requests on the Events page.
Check other benefits here.
Finding the Right ServiceNow App
Let’s assume that you are looking for a Power BI integration to always have a comprehensive and up-to-date picture of your business processes and model possible development scenarios.
How to Navigate the ServiceNow Store
The first page is the "Apps and Solutions" page that provides users with access to all available apps, featured apps, and solutions.
The second page is the "ServiceNow Products" page that lists all ServiceNow products available on the Store, including those with more frequent updates.
On the "Integrations" page, users can find integrations that require external services, licenses, or applications.
The "Innovation Lab" page is dedicated to sharing apps that ServiceNow has created internally, which deliver value on the Now Platform. The Lab focuses on quickly releasing early-stage, experimental projects to ServiceNow customers without compromising the customer experience or security.
Finally, the "Events" page helps users learn more about the apps available on the ServiceNow Store.
You can preselect the listing type, the party who offers the product (ServiceNow or its partner), the release, the price (free or paid), availability of additional benefits (such as trial period, demo version, plug & play, etc.), the industry, and the specific category that will define more preciously the use case (mobile, communications, networking, data management, tests, time planning, safety, and a great many of other options).
So, in our example, if we are looking for Power BI Integration we enter ‘Power BI’ in the search field and in search results we see Power BI Connector integration. It is an enterprise-grade solution for quick and easy tool connection which allows to export ServiceNow data to Power BI with advanced filtering options for further analytics and visualization.
5 Things to Look For When Choosing ServiceNow App
2. Ratings & Reviews. Before installing the app, it would be instrumental to study the comments and inquiries of other users. You can also check how customers rate the tool in general.
3. Documentation. When you purchase a new app, it’s always better to have a detailed guide on how to use it in hand, otherwise, you may spend a lot of additional time searching the answers to the questions that you may have in the future.
4. Frequency of Updates/Last Updated. You can also verify when the last update/version was published and see the history of all the releases. This will help you define whether you are ok with that frequency or you’d better look for another app that will be updated according to the changes in demand or with any possible technical advancements, requirements, or innovations.
5. Requirements. They will help you understand whether the product will work smoothly with your system.
How to Try ServiceNow Store App
If there is a free trial provided, you will see a Try button on the product page. Once you click it, you will be prompted to log in with your HI credentials or to ask your ServiceNow admin to install the trial app. Trials are only available for installation on sub-production instances. A notice screen with information about the app will appear.
Trials are valid for 30 days.
How to Buy ServiceNow Store App
If you choose to pay by credit card, you will be asked to enter your card details, and then will be billed on a monthly basis. If you choose purchase order, you should select the corresponding option and after the total amount is displayed, you should click Request Quote. The quote will be sent immediately to your email. Use it to generate a purchase order. Once done, go back to the product details page and click on Purchase with PO button.
Navigate the path: System Applications > All Available Applications > All.
How to Update ServiceNow Store App
Please look here for a more detailed description of how to try, buy and install any ServiceNow apps from the ServiceNow Store. An illustrative YouTube video is also available.
In this article, we showed in detail how you can find the most suitable app with advanced filtering and sorting options, what procurement options are available, and, finally, how to install the app on your instances.